Dr. Suneel Sharma
Dr. Suneel Sharma
Associate Dean & Professor
IFIM Business School
Dr Suneel Sharma is Associate Dean, Professor-In-charge for Working Professional Programme and Professional Certification Programme. Dr Sharma is an M.Sc Tech from BITS Pilani. He did his Post Graduate Course in Entrepreneurship from IIM Bangalore, PhD in Computational Finance from the University of Rajasthan, and Post-Doctoral studies in Certified Academic Practice at Lancaster University, UK. He started his career in Jindal Iron & Steel and then moved to academia, worked with ICFAI Business School, Lancaster University Management School and SPJIMR, Mumbai. Before joining IFIM, he was the Director, Professional Programme at SP Jain School of Global Management.
He has served society through various rural education initiatives, community development programmes, and students' social projects. He is an empanelled adviser for Government of India's policy- making in the areas of E-governance and Digital India initiatives. His areas of interest are Data Visualization; Business Intelligence; Emerging Technologies like Cloud, IoT, Virtual and Augmented Reality.
He obtained Glider’s Pilot License and medals in swimming during his college days.
M.Sc. Tech from BITS Pilani
Post Graduate Course in Entrepreneurship from IIM Bangalore
Ph.D. in Computational Finance from University of Rajasthan
Post-Doctoral studies in Certified Academic Practice at Lancaster University, UK
SMAC for Business Transformation, Strategy for High Technology Businesses, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Solutions, Business Intelligence Systems & Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Business Analysis, e-business, Design Management, Educational theories and practices.
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Information Systems, Business Intelligence, Analytics in the Cloud, Enterprise Architecture, Cognitive Computing, Design & Cognition
Academic Work Experience:
Director - Professor-in-charge Big Data & Visual Analytics, Professional Technology Programs, S.P. Jain School of Global Management, Mumbai, Singapore, Sydney, Dubai; 06/2016 – 08/2018
Tasks: Teaching, Research, Corporate tie-ups, International tie-ups
Professor-Information Management, S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, 12/2013 – 06/2016
Visiting Faculty, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas, 07/2015 - 08/2015
Director - PGDM, GDGWI - Lancaster University, 06/2009 – 12/2013
Visiting Faculty, Lancaster University Management School, 05/2010 - 06/2010
Faculty-IT, ICFAI Business School & Others 07/2000 - 05/2009
Corporate work experience:
Manager, Jindal Iron & Steel Co. Ltd. 07/1995 - 07/2000
- Encore Certification, SBA Office of Entrepreneurial Development, US Government, 2013
- E-Facilitator Course, Lancaster University Management School, 2010
- J2ME Mobile Desktop Applications, Thomson Learning Inc., 2006
- SAP - Business Process Integration, 2006
- Six Sigma Series, Thomson Learning Inc., 2006
- Center for Software Development, BITS, Pilani, 1995
Memberships / Associations
- Associate of Higher Education Academy, York, UK
- Member, e-Assessment Association, Scotland, UK
- Member, International Institute of Business Analysis, Marietta, Georgia, USA
- Member, U.S. Small Business Administration, USA
- Resource Alliance, UK
- Asian Entrepreneurship Association (AEA)
- SAP, Developers Network Member
- Oracle, Developers Network Member
- Design Management, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia, USA
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works, Washington DC, USA
- Association of Professional Art Advisors, New York, USA
- Member, LEAD (Leadership for Environment and Development), London, UK
- Member, United Nations Sustainable Development, New York, USA
- UNESCO through The World Summit on the Information Society – WSIS
- Bhavan’s Yoga Bharati Accredited to Council for Yoga Accreditation International Inc., Maryland, USA
Refereed Research Paper / Articles
- K. Maddulety, Suneel Sharma & K. Prasanna Venkatesh (2017). Factors Influencing Purchase of Smart Appliances in Smart Homes. Journal of Accounting, Business and Management, Vol. 24, Issue 1 (Published). ABDC “C” Journal, Listed in Cabell’s
- Rathod, G. & Sharma, S. (2008). Short-Selling by Institutional Investors. Edited Book.
- Sharma, S. (2005). A guide to understanding Radio Frequency Identification. Radio Frequency Identification Journal, 12.
Non-Refereed Research Paper / Articles
- Deo, S. & Sharma, S. (2009). The Indian Hospitality Sector Post - 26/11. Portfolio Organizer.
- Sharma, S. (2008). Asia Pacific Equity - FII's Delight. Portfolio Organizer.
- Deo, S. & Sharma, S. (2007). IT Stocks Catch them young. Portfolio Organizer.
- Sharma, S. (2007). Emerging Islamic Capital Markets; Islamic Investments- Issues and Country Experiences. Edited Book.
- Morya, K. & Sharma, S. (2007). Google's Digital Rights Management . E-Business, VIII (7), 26-33.
- Rathore, G. & Sharma, S. (2007). Emerging Islamic Capital Markets. Portfolio Organizer, VIII (VII), 17-24.
- Rathore, G. & Sharma, S. (2007). Short-Selling by Institutional Investors - SEBI's awaited move . Portfolio Organizer, VIII, 26-33.
- Sharma, S. (2007). SAP NetWeaver - Role in Master Data Management. E-Business, VIII, 26-34.
- Sharma, S. (2006). The World is playing Tag. Benefit, II (VI), 4.
- Sharma, S. (2005). Radio Frequency Identification - Revolutionizing the Office. Benefit, II (III), 3.
- Saleem, S., et al. (2010). Business Environment. 2nd ed. New Delhi: Pearson.
- Sharma, S. (2010). Business Environment Pearson (under contract).
- Rathore, G. & Sharma, S. (2009). Indian Capital Markets: Recent Trends and Reforms IUP .
- Sharma, S. (2009). Management Case Book, IMT-Ghaziabad IMT (under contract).
- Rathore, G. & Sharma, S. (2008). Indian Financial Markets: Regulatory Developments ICFAI Press.
- Rathore, G. & Sharma, S. (2008). Islamic Investments- Issues and Country Experiences iupindia.org (under contract).
Books Edited/ Chapters
- Sen, R. (2012). Industrial Relations Text and Cases. 2nd ed. New Delhi: Macmillan.
- Schlevogt, K. A. (2011). Brave New Saw Wave World: Emerging and Submerging Asia in the Global Environment. New Delhi: Pearson.
- Singh, P. N. and Kumar, N. (2011). Employee Relations Management. New Delhi: Pearson.
- Browaeys, M. J. and Price, R. (2011). Understanding Cross-Cultural Management. 2nd ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Wheelen, T. L. and Hunger, J. D. (2010). Strategic Management and Business Policy. 12th ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Hoy, F. and Sharma, P. (2010). Entrepreneurial Family Firms. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Charantimath, P. M. (2010). Entrepreneurship Development and Small Business Enterprise. New Delhi: Pearson.
- Banerjee, A. (2009). Indian Capital Markets: Recent Trends And Reforms. Hyderabad: Icfai University Press.
- Sharma, S. (2010). Asia in the Global Environment Pearson (Book content with Prof. Kai NUS NUS Business School, under contract).