IFIM Business School
Dr Mohammed Iqbal
Dr Mohammed Iqbal is an Assistant Professor in the area of finance at IFIM Business School. Prior to joining in IFIM, Dr Iqbal has served as a Research Mentor in Accendere Knowledge Management Services, a subsidiary of CL Educate Ltd. During his service in Accendere, he was consultant for educational institutions and B-Schools to improve their research quality and research output. He was closely working with institutions in developing their research culture. He was also involved in faculty training in B-Schools for enhancing their research skill and publication standards. Dr Iqbal holds a Ph. D from Pondicherry Central University in the area of finance. His research interests are equity market, information asymmetry, corporate disclosures, and corporate governance.
PhD in Finance
M. Com Business Finance
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
1. Equity market
2. Information asymmetry
3. Corporate disclosures and
4. Corporate governance
- Mohammed Iqbal and Shijin Santhakumar. Annual report readability and information asymmetry. 17th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, 2017, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Mohammed Iqbal and Shijin Santhakumar. Annual report comprehensibility of Indian companies. International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF), 2017, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Mohammed Iqbal and Shijin Santhakumar. Information asymmetry and its sources in Indian equity market. Indian Finance Association 6th India Finance Conference, 2016 IIM Ahmedabad.
- Mohammed Iqbal and Shijin Santhakumar. Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market. The Indian Econometric Society 52nd Annual conference, 2016, IIM Kozhikode, Calicut.
- Mohammed Iqbal and Shijin Santhakumar. Information asymmetry and insider trading in Indian equity market. 14th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR) Conference, 2014, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Iqbal, M., & Santhakumar, S. (2018). Information asymmetry and insider trade profitability in India. Journal of Indian Business Research, 10(1), 53-69. Emerald Publishing. ABDC C category.