IFIM Business School Bangalore, one of the first six AACSB accredited B-schools in India, has launched two new AICTE approved programmes - PGDM in Marketing and PGDM in Finance with Specializations targeted to groom professionals in marketing and finance domains. Branded as ‘PGDM SpecX’, the programs will be taught by India’s top faculty in Finance and Marketing. Last date to apply for Admission 2020 closes on September 21, 2020
One of the first six AACSB accredited B-schools in India, IFIM Business School Bangalore, has launched two new AICTE approved programmes - PGDM in Marketing and PGDM in Finance with Specializations to groom professionals in marketing and finance domains. Branded as ‘PGDM SpecX’, the programs will be taught by India’s top faculty in Marketing and Finance.
On the launch of the admission for PGDM SpecX, Mr Sanjay Padode, President of Vijaybhoomi University and Chairman of IFIM Business School said, “PGDM SpecX, the specialized masters program is designed to create specialists. While the PGDM program is targeted towards creating generalists who have a major and minor in multiple fields of management, in SpecX, a student would specialize within Marketing or Finance in specific areas like Sales and Service or Digital Marketing. For well-heeled organizations and startups alike, it is an opportunity to recruit management graduates in niche domain specialized roles, which is in great demand. Students and recruiters can expect a polished program offering professionals ready for tomorrow.”
Dr Atish Chattopadhyay, Director, IFIM Business School, said, “The faculty in Marketing Area of IFIM Business School today is one of the best, if not the best in the country. The participants in this program will be fortunate to be taught by the likes of Prof. Parasuraman, Prof. Bal Palekar, Prof. Raghavan Srinivasan, Prof. Kalyan Sengupta; from whom I have learnt the subject.”
Till now, IFIM Bangalore offered two-year full-time residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with options to do Major in Marketing, Finance, Digital Business, Analytics, HRM. Besides, IFIM also offers 2 years full time programme - PGDM (IB).
This article will discuss about the newly launched PGDM Marketing programme.
PGDM Marketing at IFIM is a two-year full-time specialized programme in management and is specially designed for students interested in focusing on a specialized management domain to build their career.
With the specialised PGDM Marketing program, IFIM is focusing on creating leaders of tomorrow who are skilled and nurtured with a focus on a specific domain complemented with management learnings. The approach to the leader 4.0 Experiential learning is accomplished through IBM Business Analytics Lab, Real Time Contextual Marketing Lab (RTCML), Case Studies Centre, Industry Internship Projects, Industry Guest Lectures, Workshops, Simulations, CSR Projects
The program prepares PGDM Marketing graduates for new age roles in New Age Specialization areas such as:
IFIM Business School has a rich faculty strength with outstanding academic background and industry experience. Many of the faculty members have played CXO roles in industry. IFIM Business School has an eclectic mix of both Scholarly Academics and Practice Oriented Faculty – which includes, 9 graduates from IIMs, of which 3 are IIM fellows, 11 graduates from IIT and BITS, of which 4 are Ph.Ds. The group also includes 4 faculty each with degrees from Central and Foreign Universities, and 14 faculty with CXO level experience.
Leveraging its rich faculty resource pool, IFIM Faculty members who will be teaching at the PGDM Marketing Program include:
1. Prof. A. Parasuraman: Prof. A. Parasuraman (“Parsu”) is Emeritus Professor and the James W. McLamore Chair in Marketing at the University of Miami. He is considered one of the most influential figures in the field of services marketing and service quality, and is widely known for his work on SERVQUAL, E-SERVQUAL, and the Technology Readiness Index (TRI). He is currently the Pro-Chancellor (Academics) at Vijaybhoomi University and Mentor, AIM Parasuraman Center for Service Excellence.
2. Prof. Anand Narasimha: Prof. Anand is a corporate turned academician with over 30 years of leadership experience spanning Brand Marketing, Advertising, Consulting and Academics. He is an Alumnus of IIM Calcutta and BITS Pilani and was the Vice President – Strategy at Bates 141 Ltd. In 2005, he was rated among the ‘Top 50 Brand Marketing Professionals in Asia-Pacific’ and has won a host of Marketing Effectiveness awards including ‘2 Cannes’ and ‘3 EFFIES’.
3. Dr. Asit K Barma: Dr. Asit K Barma is an Alumnus of IIT Madras & IIM Ahmedabad. He has over 30 years of industry and academic experience having played senior leadership roles in CMC (formerly IBM & now TCS); Tech Mahindra; Hinduja Tech; Value Labs. He was previously the CMO of Value Labs and prior to joining IFIM, he was the Professor of Marketing at IMT Ghaziabad.
4. Prof. Kalyan Sankar Sengupta: Prof. Kalyan Sankar Sengupta is an accomplished management teacher, researcher, and consultant. He has been teaching management science for more than 30 years and was affiliated with reputed organizations like IISWBM – Calcutta, IMT Ghaziabad, to name a few. His current teaching and research interests revolve around Service Excellence, Marketing Analytics. Prior to joining IFIM, he was a Professor at IMT Ghaziabad
5. Prof. Pravin Mishra: Prof. Pravin Mishra is a communication designer, an award-winning filmmaker and an accomplished painter. His numerous accolades include ‘National Critics Award’ at the prestigious Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF’04) by Government of India and 'Best Documentary Film Award' at Ahmedabad International Film Festival (AIFF’09). He is an Alumnus of National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. Before joining IFIM, he was the Head of the Crafting Creative Communication department at MICA Ahmedabad.
6. Prof. Rakesh Mediratta: Prof. Rakesh Mediratta has worked as a senior business development professional for three decades before joining academia. He is a BITS Pilani graduate and was the Vice President-Retail at Vodafone. He is a subject matter expert in Sales and Distribution, Services Marketing, and Strategic Marketing. Prior to joining IFIM, Prof. Mediratta has worked as an Associate Professor at IMT Ghaziabad.
7. Prof. Raghavan Srinivasan (Rags): Prof. Raghavan Srinivasan, an alumnus IIMA, is a professional with over 40 years of experience. He has held many leadership positions at various companies including Kantar TNS. He has held the positions of CEO and Chairman at Kantar TNS. He is also an Independent Consultant with Consumer Centricity Catalyst.
8. Prof. S K Bal Palekar: The pioneer of the direct selling model of Eureka Forbes, Prof. S K Bal Palekar is a Professor in Marketing. Prior to his current position at IFIM, he was a Professor at SPJIMR, Mumbai. He also has 34 years of corporate work experience in MNCs as well as Indian companies in consumer/industrial verticals. He pioneered the direct selling model of Eureka Forbes.
9. Prof. Soumya Choudhury: Prof. Soumya Choudhury has 23 years of corporate experience in Management Consulting (AFF), Investment Banking/ M&A (Merrill, Dresdner, KPMG) and the Automotive Industry (Sona Koyo Steering. Prof. Soumya is an Alumnus of IIT Bombay and IIM Ahmedabad. Prior to joining IFIM, he was Vice President at IBM.
10. Dr. Sundar Raj Vijayanagar: Prof. Sundar is an alumnus of IIT Bombay and a topper at Bombay University in Operations Management. He is a top-notch IT professional with successful track record of nearly 32 years in Manufacturing, Logistics and BFSI domain.. Prior to joining IFIM, he worked as the Chief Research & Innovation Officer at SREI Equipment Finance.
11. Dr. Supriyo Ghose: Dr. Supriyo Ghose, a Ph.D. from IIM Calcutta, is an alumnus of Jadavpur University. He has an academic and corporate experience of over 25 years, including 14 years in top IT companies and 10 years in higher educational institutions. His corporate affiliations include brands like TCS, PwC, Mahindra Satyam and Infosys, where he played leadership roles in managing and leading mission-critical engagements for international clients.
12. Dr. Suraj Commuri: Dr. Suraj Commuri leads Strategic Initiatives at University at Albany, School of Business, SUNY, USA. Dr. Suraj completed his Ph.D from the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. His areas of interest include Consumer Behaviour & Digital Marketing with specific research focus on Household Decision Behaviour and Consumer Generated Content.
The PGDM Marketing 2020-22 Programme Fee at IFIM Bangalore is as under:
|PGDM Program & Duration||Total Fees (INR)|
|2 Years Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management Marketing – PGDM (Marketing) with SpecX||12,00,000|
Intake for PGDM Marketing 2020-22 batch is 60 seats only.
IFIM Bangalore has recorded excellent placements over the last few years for its PGDM programme. The PGDM Marketing placement will be available in 2022. A review of PGDM Placement 2020 is shared below:
IFIM Placements for its PGDM 2018-20 batch were over in December 2019 with a rise of 22% in average salary. The highest salary package offered at IFIM is Rs 19.5 lakhs. 159 companies participated in the placement process making offers to 261 graduating students. IFIM has broken its last year record by a month of completing the placement in January.
Both average and highest placements have jumped to new heights. A snapshot of comparative placements 2019 over 2018 is given below:
|Placement Statistics||Placement 2020||Placement 2019||Placement 2018|
|Total number of Companies||159||177||107|
|Total number of offers made||261||263||209|
|Highest package||INR 19,50,000||INR 1,664,000||INR 1,650,000|
|Average package (22% rise)||INR 9,15,000||INR 7,50,000||INR 5,72,140|
Top Recruiters at IFIM Bangalore include Amazon, Oracle, Flipkart, SBI Bank, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, CavinKare, Future Group, HDFC, ITC, 3M, Nestle, Mphasis, Siemens, Societe Generale, Wipro Read More about IFIM Placement 2020
According to IFIM Bangalore, “The ideal candidate for the PGDM Marketing SpecX Program is a graduate who intends to kick-start his/her career as a domain specialist in new age roles. Someone who is willing to roll up the sleeves for effective execution and NOT an arm chair strategist. Someone who can work in a team, can experiment and is willing to acquire new skills.”
Application last date for admission to PGDM Marketing 2020-22 batch at IFIM Business School Bangalore is closing on September 21, 2020. The application should be submitted online.
Below is shared the IFIM PGDM Marketing Admission 2020 eligibility criteria:
IFIM is looking for the candidates who have new ideas and are entrepreneurial instead of only high scorers in MBA entrance exams.
Established in 1995, IFIM Business School, Bangalore, is currently amongst the top six Business Schools in India to have been awarded the AACSB accreditation. IFIM is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), and South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS), and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Various programmes at IFIM includes 2 Year residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with international super-specializations in Martech, Fintech, Big Data Analytics, Digital Transformation & HR; Newly launched SpecX with experiential specialisations for new age roles - 2 Year PGDM Marketing and 2 Year PGDM Finance; PGDM IB- Dual Degree Pathway Program in association with State University of New York (Albany) and Sydney Business School (UOW); Online Management Programs - A unique learn from home program which brings in the experience of learning from a campus while at home, and undergraduate degree programme -BBA at Vijaybhoomi University, Greater Mumbai, having pathway options with ESCP Europe, ESC Rennes, UOW Australia and SUNY Albany.
IFIM Business School has four distinct anchors that support its overall educational philosophy:
Actively engaged in research and consulting, IFIM hosts several Centres of Excellence such as AIM-Parasuraman Centre of Service Excellence and Centre for Consulting in Digital Leadership. IFIM has an elite set of international academic partners including leading institutes such as ESCP-London, Darden Business School (University of Virginia) and McCombs Business School (University of Texas at Austin).