Dr. Githa S Heggde
Dr Githa S Heggde
Dean – Research and International Affairs
IFIM Business School
Prof. Dr Githa Heggde is Dean – Research and International Affairs, IFIM Business School, a Corporate consultant on Marketing and Sales enhancement, Vice Chairperson , CII-Indian Women Network and in the board of CII Karnataka, Country Director, India, EuroMed Business Research Institute. Member editorial board of International Journal on Emerging markets, Emerald, Core member at the Centre for Emerging Markets, IIM, Lucknow, Faculty resource IIM Kozhikode, MDP apart from other holding unique positions in various professional bodies. She has over 27 years of teaching, consultancy and industrial experience.
She has presented papers at Academy on International Business at Boston, EuroMed Research Institute at Marseille, France, University of Wollongong, Dubai, EMBRI, Italy and several conferences in the areas of Marketing, Sales and Distribution. Awarded best research papers at the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), conventions. Published several articles on Marketing, supply chain, sales and Distribution in international and national journals.
Was part of the team at “Global Colloquium on participant- centered learning” at Harvard Business School, Boston and worked on teaching with case studies and developing curriculum for management courses. Participated at the follow- on sessions at Shanghai.
She was invited by Pace University, New York, for lectures and discussions on pursuing collaborative research and Pepperdine University, Malibu. Conducted several training programs for senior marketing and sales executives at Airtel, ITC, Infosys, Murugappa group, Pricol, HDFC, Infosys, EY, Biocon and several leading companies. She has been engaging in consultancy and research with companies such as Logitech, USA, iWatt, USA, Reliance, India, adaptive marketing and many others. She is a resource faculty at IIM Kozhikode, MDP Centre.
Was nominated and attended a program on Wealth Management at Bangkok, Authored books on Applied Marketing, Social Media Marketing and several case studies. Member of Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry was a member at Association of Women Entrepreneurs of Karnataka, and Chairperson, Coimbatore chapter FICCI ladies organisations during 2004-2006.
B.Sc, MBA ( Mangalore University)
PhD, PSG College of Technology, Bharathiar University,
Executive Education, Harvard Business School
Sales and Distribution Management
Supply Chain Management
International Marketing Management
Applied Marketing Management
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
- Business development and B2B sales strategies for Indian Buyers, Conco Services, USA. March 2016.
- Retailing and Promotion Strategies for Indian market entry, Mackly kidswear, Sri Lanka, September 2015 to December 2015.
- Customer retention for Biocon, December 2014.
- Application of Shared Services Marketing, EY, Bengaluru, September 2014 to January 2015.
- Go to market strategies for helmet cleaner, 3M India Limited , Bengaluru, July August 2013.
- Hiring and training process in the IT Industry, ASM technologies, March 2013 to June 2013.
- Competitor analysis, Website and SEO Analysis, Management strategies for growth for Modalminds, USA, July- Sept 2012.
- Evaluation of performance of KSRTC regarding customer centricity and the leadership effectiveness. January 2012.
- Evaluating market potential for non-defence use of UAVs in India and UAE for MLB corporation, USA, December 2011.
- Dell Computers, Brand Metrics and applications for the company, October 2011- December 2011.
- Market strategies for the Indian market, A study for iWatt, US-based company manufacturers of smart meters interested in expanding into the Indian market, September –November 2010.
- 3D connexions, Logitech Pvt Ltd, USA, Indian Market entry study (Go to market strategies). September 2009- December 2010.
- Careers as product managers, Adaptive Marketing, Bengaluru October 2010.
- Infosys technologies, Bengaluru on Sales and Marketing. 2009-2014.
- Power Research and Development Consultants Ltd (PRDC),Bengaluru on Sales Management and Skills. July 2009.
- Codissia (Coimbatore District Small Industries Association) ‘Cluster of pump sets’ on International Market potential and Management Practices 2002.
- Viduth motors, Coimbatore on sales force development January 2003.
- PSG Institute of Medical Science & Research on front office Management and sales team development. March 2003.
- Undertook consultancy during Aug and Sept 2004 for Silvertex-to study the market potential for fibre fill pillow.
- Conducted research on “The role of Company Executive in Channel Management of FMCG, mobile telephony and Banking Sectors”.
Academic Work Experience:
Welingkar Institute of Management ( 2008- 2016)
PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore ( 1996-2008)
Welcome Group Graduate School, Manipal ( 1993-1996)
Institute of Professional Sciences and Management, Mangalore( 1990- 1993)
Corporate work experience:
Pertech Computers Limited, 1989-1990
Also Taught At:
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Country Director, India, EuroMed Business Research Institute, 2008 – 2016.
- Review board member, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Emerald Publications.
- Research Team, Centre for Emerging Economies, IIM, Lucknow.
- Vice-Chairperson, CII-IWN, Karnataka.
- Academic Advisory Council member, Junior Management Leadership Program, Infosys Ltd.
- Registered guide Anna University, Coimbatore, Supervisor Recognition number: 0913066.
- Best Research awards at AIMS(Association of Indian Management Schools) convention, 2008 and 2009, 2011 and 2013.
- Supervisor for Ph. D students at Anna University, Coimbatore.
- Chairperson, FICCI ladies organization, Coimbatore 2004-2006.
- Was a member of Governing Council of the Trust at IPSM, Mangalore.
- Officiated as Principal in his absence at IPSM.
- Deputed by Mangalore University as External Examiner.
- Assigned as a Chief Coordinator of exams at all the Institutes.
- Was Member of the Selection Committee responsible for selecting students of the Institute at Manipal.
- Was Head of Department of Management and Applied Behavioural Science at Manipal.
- Awarded Certificate to be a trainer for Business English Certificate courses of Cambridge University conducted by British Council, Madras.
- Developed course structures for Bachelors in Hotel Management conducted by Mangalore University.
- Assigned as an examiner for Post Graduate Diploma programme in Management by Madras University and Anna University.
- Deputed as Professor at Defence Service Staff College, Coonoor.
- Guest faculty at MIM, Manipal.
- Was Adjunct Faculty at University of Toledo, USA.
- Heading the research collaboration with Graziadio School of Management, Pepperdine University.
- India Examiner for a PhD viva voce by Anna University Chennai.
Research papers published
- Books - Githa Heggde and G., Shainesh (Eds.) (2018), ‘Social Media Marketing: Emerging Concepts and Applications’, Palgrave Macmillan
- Journal Articles- Heggde Githa, Renu Lata Rajani, “Capacity Management in Supply Chains – A critical Review and Directions for Future', International Journal of Business Excellence, Accepted for publication
- Journal Articles- Heggde Githa, Gayatri Sasi Tampi,, “Multiple mediating role of brand commitment and brand loyalty between brand identification and brand citizenship behaviour: evidence from IT companies in Bangalore”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Accepted for publication.
- Journal Articles- Heggde Githa, Moovendhan V, “Improving the route effectiveness of the intercity bus operators by co-optation: a data envelopment analysis”, International Journal of Public Sector Performance Management, Accepted for publication.
- Journal Articles- Heggde Githa, Saxena Sowmiya, “Impact of audience specific factors on product placement: A literature survey, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Volume 9, Issue 1, January 2018
- “Latest Trends in campus recruitment”, January 11, 2018, Deccan Herald,
- Heggde Githa, Gayatri Sasi Thampi “Employee response to dimensions of Internal Branding: A literature review”, FOCUS – The International Journal of Management Digest, Vol 12.2, pg 17., March 2017
- “Getting Admission call from a premier Business School”, Dallal Street Investment Journal, January 19th 2017,
- “Aiming it Right “, Precision Marketing at Citi Bank, A case study, Indian Management, November 2016. Pg 37-44.
- “How international collaborations are transforming Indian education”, EducationBiz.com, November 15 2016,
- “How international collaborations are transforming Indian education”, EducationBiz.com, November 15 2016,
- “The Future of Petroleum Business at RIL – To Stay or to Exit" accepted for publication by Emerald Emerging market case studies ( Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies - Decision on Manuscript ID EEMCS-03-2016-0044.R1) by December 2016.
- “Consultancy in Indian Market”, Consultants Review Magazine, April 2016, pg 33.
- “Stumbling at the last mile”, Hindu, Business line, 15th March 2016,
- “Leadership style, salesperson's work effort and job performance: the influence of power distance”, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, (ISSN 0885-3134 (Print), 1557-7813 (Online), Volume 35, Issue 1, 2015.
- “Analytical Study on the Perceptions of Hotel Undergraduates on Industrial Training”, International Research Journal of Business and Management, ( ISSN 2322 083X), Volume XIII, Issue 9, July 2015.
- “Luxury Market - Will India beat China”, Indian management, A Business Standard Publication, Volume 52, issue 3, March 2013, pg 24
- “Benefit Perceptions and preferences of organic food customers, An Empirical analysis of Urban customers”, EuroMed Press, October 2012, ISBN: 978-9963-711-07-9, pg 814
- “Mahindra First Choice Wheels Limited- The First Choice”, Metamorphosis, A Journal of Management Research, Vol 10, Number 2, July-December 2012, Page 82, ISSN 0972-6225.
- “Factors affecting brand switching behaviour by Gen Y- a study on Apparels”, “ Shaping the future of research in Marketing in Emerging Economies”, Pearson publications, January 2012, Page 229.
- “Second to none- Mahindra first choice wheels limited”, Aweshkar, Vol. XII, Issue 2, September 2011, pg 132, ISSN 0974-1119.
- “Distribution strategies for enhanced channel partner performance”, AIMA Journal of Management and Research, Vol 5, Issue 7/4, May 2011, ISSN:0974 – 9497,
- “Causes of Sickness and Turnaround Strategies in Public and Private sector organisations”, Vilakshan, XIMB journal of Management, Vol VIII, Issue No.1, March 2011, Pg 53-70, ISSN 0973-1954.
- “The new communication model a dialogue, not a monologue”, The Asia Age, March 24, 2011,
- “Strategies for sustainable Channel relations in Mobile telecom sector”, Journal of Economics and Behavioural Science, Vol 2, No 1 , January 2011. Pg 7-18.
- “ Analysing cases on Business turnaround strategies”, Research World, Vol 8, 2011, ISSN 0974-2379,
- “Building a strong corporate branding for B2B companies”, Aweshkar Research Journal, Vol X, Issue 2, September 2010, pg81.
- “Comparative Analysis on causes of sickness and turnaround Strategies at Public and Private Organizations”, Business Development across countries and Culture, EuroMed Press, ISBN: 978-9963-634-83-5, November 2010, pp 419- 438.
- “Nature, elements and process of customer orientation: evidence from service front line”, Managerial and Entrepreneurial Developments in the Mediterranean Area, EuroMed Press, ISBN: 978-9963-634-76-7, October 2009, pp 1083-1093.
- “Channel design for effective bi-directional relation”, Aweshkar research journal, Vol VIII, Issue 1, March 2009, ISSN 0974-1119, pp 43
- “Channel design for effective bi-directional relation in FMCG sector”, European and Mediterranean Trends and Challenges in the 21st Century, EuroMed Press, ISBN: 978-9963-634-58-3, January 2009, pp 296-315.
- “Research on Distribution Channel Management”, Research World- innovations in Management-Related Research, February 2009, Vol 6, ISSN 0974 -2751.
- “Socially Responsible MaFoi”, Hand Book on Management Cases, Allied Publishers Pvt Ltd, December 2008, pg 3.
- “Transforming channel relationships by identifying Super-ordinate goals between Channel Partners and channel Managers”, Association of Indian Management Schools, August 2008, Vol II, pg 43.
- Sales and Distribution Management, Text and Cases” , Excel Books, 2007.
- Applied Marketing, Excel Books , 2008.
- “Dealing with the dealers, The Finolex Cables way”, Select Cases in Management, Allied Publishers Pvt Ltd, 2007, pg 8, ISBN 10: 81-8424-262-X.
- “Supplier Attributes that impact Institutional Buying Behaviour- A study on FMCG Supplies to Hotel Industry”, AIMA Journal of Management and Research, Feb 2007, Vol.1, Issue 1/4.
- “Enhanced Response Campaign”, Advertising Express, ICFAI Press Ltd, May 2006, pg 24.
- “Dealer perception on Philips Domestic lighting products”, Business research conference, Vikas publishing house pvt ltd, 2004, pg 2.106.
Email id :