News & Events
IFIM Holds Their Twentieth Annual Convocation
20th July, 2016
- 142 students received their Diplomas from C K Ranganathan, Founder Chairman and MD CavinKare
- The academic year saw the introduction of greater industry exposure through unique mentoring and internship programs
IFIM Business School witnessed its landmark celebration with its 20th Annual Convocation held on Wednesday, July 20, 2016. This year saw 142 students of the 2014-16 batch receive their post-graduate diplomas in the presence of Mr. C K Ranganathan, Founder Chairman and Managing Director, CavinKare Pvt. Ltd and Dr Eileen Peacock, Former SVP and Chief Officer Asia Pacific at AACSB International.
In attendance were several dignitaries from the corporate world, the Board of Governors of IFIM, the alumni of the institute and proud parents of the graduating batch, which included both regular and executive PGDM students.
In his convocation address, Mr. C K Ranganathan spoke about the importance of entrepreneurship and the need to nurture the entrepreneurial instinct within every individual. He narrated his own long journey in venturing into new ways of marketing while facing competition from multi-nationals, in order to reach his products to different sections of society. Dr Eileen Peacock congratulated the graduating batch and wished that IFIM Business School would reach its set goals and deliver its promises to the future batches of management students.
Welcoming the audience and addressing the graduating students, Prof. M. S. Lakshmi Narayanan, Controller of Academic Governance at IFIM said, “This academic year was a fruitful year for all of us, as we had introduced a number of innovative programs and activities which reinforced the holistic development of these professionals. The introduction of the industry mentorship program as well as the five month Industry Internship Program (IIP) brought in better industry exposure and helped the students develop a clear picture of their career goals. The results are for everyone to see in our placement records.”
Congratulating all the students on the occasion, Mr. V. B Padode, Chairman IFIM Business School, said, "This year has been one of the most satisfying years for the institute in terms of overall performance by the batch. We have had excellent results academically. IFIM, this year, has also witnessed some of the best companies in the country visiting us as recruiters and absorbing a sizeable portion of our students. This is a result of our twenty year track record in delivering top class management education through innovative pedagogy".
The convocation came to a close with a buzz of cheer and excitement as the students threw their hats up to celebrate the occasion.
The following Gold Medals and Awards were given out to the top students
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM - Ms. Shaik Wasim Ahammed
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM (Finance) - Mr. Sarakanam Leeladhar
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM – (Working Professionals) Batch 2012 – 2014 - Mr. Joshua Sam A.
Functional Area Toppers
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM with Marketing as specialization - Ms. Gundeboyina Bhavana
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM with Finance as specialization - Mr. Shaikh Wasim Ahammed
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Student of PGDM with Human Resource Management as specialization - Mr. Sarthak Daing
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best Industry Internship Project - Ms. Nishita Mukherjee
The Best All Round Performance
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for The Best All Round Performance - Ms. Lasiewdor Syiem
Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Chairman’s Gold Medal for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Mr. Aditya Ramachandran
The Best Girl Student
- Chairman’s Cash Award for the best Girl Student - Ms. Nishita Mukherjee
ABOUT IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL, Bengaluru:
IFIM Business School, one of the top business schools in India, has been consistently ranked as ‘Bengaluru’s No.1 Private B-School’. IFIM offers three core programs that are AICTE approved — PGDM, PGDM-Finance (recognized by CFA Institute) and PGDM-IB (International Business). IFIM Business School is accredited by South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS) and is also ISO 9001:2008 certified. The School is a member of AACSB and is in its final stages of obtaining its international accreditation. Differentiators that propel IFIM in a stratosphere far above its peers in India include faculty with a perfect blend of industry and academic experience, international collaborations with American and European top B-Schools for faculty and student exchange programs and its internationally recognized curriculum. For more information about IFIM visit www.ifimbschool.com / www.ifim.edu.in
24 years of leadership development
The journey of IFIM Institutions