Dr. Shaji Kurian
Dr. Shaji Kurian
Professor - HRM
MBA, M.A(Psy), PGDHRM, Pursuing PH.D
Human Resource Management
Recruitment, Selection & Training
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
HR Strategies for SMEs.
Change Management in SMEs.
Knowledge Management with online media
Academic Work Experience:
Corporate work experience:
Have worked as talent head in India Semiconductor Association ISA (www.isaonline.org) - a trade body representing the Indian semiconductor driven industry, with around 125 national and international corporate members
Also teaches/taught at:
Indian Institute of Plantation Management, IIPM Bengaluru
Research Paper Published
- Paper on Sustainable Compensation strategies in SMEs: An empirical study in International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business Environment perspectives -28th Dec. 2014
- Paper on STRATEGIC STAFFING PRACTICES AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF INDIAN MACHINE TOOL SMES. EXCEL International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management ISSN 2249- 8834 EIJMMS, Vol.4 (9), SEPTEMBER (2014
- Published a paper on Strategic Issues in Indian SMEs: Identifying the strategic human resource choices through review of literature. In International Journal of Management and Social sciences. April May-2014
- Article Published titled "Skill Development in India and the Globe" by Shaji Kurian in a corporate magazine “People & Management being people wise" Volume 3, Issue-3 May-June 2012 published by International group
- Paper Published titled "Managing People-Issues and Challenges in Small and Medium Enterprises in India “by Shaji Kurian in Quarterly Journal of NIPM Karnataka Chapter- “The Human Resource" Apr-Jun 2012 Issue.
- Paper titled" Employee Perception of Strategic HRM practices in SMEs of Manufacturing Sector in India- A Case Study " By Prof. Shaji Kurian published in 'AJM Research Vol. 5 Issue 2
- Prof. Shaji Kurian, 2012. Empowering employees to remove growth bottlenecks, "People & Management being peoplewise" Volume 3, Issue-2 March-April 2012
- A paper titled “Balancing the Dyad: Synchronising Corporate & Personal Success” developed by Prof.Shaji Kurian & Dr. D. N. Murthy was published in The IASMS Journal of Business Specturm of Indian Academy School of Mgt Studies, Bengaluru, vide Pages 75-82, Vo.IV, No.1, January 2011 Issue.
- “Empowerment at Work: The Dyadic Approach”- paper published in “Vision- The Journal of Business perspective, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, Vol. 10. No.1, Jan-March, 2006.
Books & Chapters
- Developing South Asia as a global hub of management professionals – role of management education Topic: Designing an effective faculty feedback system; a developmental approach, Page no. 285 to 292 ISBN No.978-93-5097-998-3
- The Basics of Stock Market – Publisher- DSIJ Ltd.
- Analyzing a Stock - Publisher- DSIJ Ltd.
- Portfolio Management - Publisher- DSIJ Ltd.
- Introduction to Derivatives and Commodities. Publisher- DSIJ Ltd.
Email id :