Dr. Natarajan Chandrasekhar
Dr Natarajan Chandrasekhar
Professor – Marketing
Prof. Dr Natarajan Chandrashekhar holds (25 years) of diversified background of Marketing/Sales & retail, research, academic and a reviewing various publication experience which includes Harvard Business Publishing and SAGE publication. At present, he is Professor of Marketing at IFIM Business School, Bengaluru, India. Before that, He worked as Full Professor of Marketing and Retail with Welingkar’s Institute of Management Development and Research (Mumbai University), has been appointed as (Chair Professor for Media Marketing) in the areas of Marketing & Globalization of Business & Retail with the Technical University, Ingolstadt, Germany. Adding further he also has a year’s experience in Coimbatore environment of MDP & training with Firebird as Professor. The wealth of vast experience and knowledge, Dr Natarajan was appointed the Dean of School of Business with Alliance University, Bengaluru. Also served as a visiting faculty for SIMSR, DAAD to Indian Universities and UPAEP-Mexico.
- PhD from Mumbai University in related field of Management (Retail, FDI & Employment).
- MPhil in International Business
- MMM (Master’s in Marketing Management)
- PGDM (Consumer Marketing)
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry/Physics –Mumbai University
- GCE ‘O’ levels, St. Andrews Secondary School, Blantyre, Malawi, Central Africa
International Business, Marketing Management, Sales and Distribution, Retail Management, Consumer Behaviour, Market research, Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC), Marketing of Services, Product Management, Retail and Sales Management, Business to Business (B2B) Marketing,Global Marketing Techniques.
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Current Case Study Research Works
- Lars, Fend; Chandrasekhar, Natarajan “Alibaba-A Saga?
- Lars, Fend; Chandrasekhar, Natarajan Tesco’s E-Commerce model and growth strategies in South Korea
- Lars, Fend; Chandrasekhar, Natarajan Mister Spex: The favorite for Optical solutions
Corporate Work Experience:
- Dr.Natrajan has worked with Sandoz Ltd in the area/s of marketing ethical drugs and nutritional supplements with direct responsibility of sales and field level market research in Tamil Nadu (based in Madurai and later in Chennai).
- Later in 1988 joined Amrutanjan Ltd, as West Zone Manager based in Mumbai as in charge of West zone.
- This was being followed in 1992 by joining Gufic Ltd, based in Mumbai as the Head of Consumer Products division and was responsible for the overall Marketing, Sales, Market research, new products introduction and Distribution at an all India level.
- In 1996 joined the Lyka group company as All India Marketing Manager-Consumer Products division and rose to the level of Vice President ( Marketing & Franchise Development) pioneering the launch of the first organized retail pharmacy chain in India by this group under the US pharmacy chain ‘The Medicine Shoppe”.
Research papers published
- N.Chandrasekhar, Robert Wittmann, Iyer Radha: Factors that influence entrepreneurship in India - An exploratory study, Euromed 2014, Kristiansand, Norway, ISBN: 978-9963-711-27-7
- Ostheimer, Bernhard; Chandrasekhar, Natarajan “INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AS AN ENABLER IN PRODUCE WASTAGE AVOIDANCE’… 6th Annual EuroMed Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business, ISBN: 9789963711161-Estoril, Portugal.
- Chandrasekhar, Natarajan; Ostheimer, Bernard “BUSINESS MODEL FOR ASSEMBLE IT YOURSELF FURNITURE RETAILERS –A DEVELOPING ECONOMY PERSPECTIVE’… 6th Annual EuroMed Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business, ISBN: 9789963711161-Estoril, Portugal.
- Chandrasekhar, N. (2012), Entry Strategy for Organized European Retailers into India, with a special focus on German retailers, Proceedings of the 9th Circle International Conference at Santa Eulalia, Spain, Book of Abstracts, Access Press ,UK,ISBN 978-0-9562471-4-8 & IJMC
- Chandrasekhar, N.(2012), FDI in Indian Retail-and its Implications, 5th Euromed Conference, Glion-Montreux, Switzerland, Euromed Journal of Business. Emerald, ISBN: 978-9963-711-07-9
- Chandrasekhar, N. & Pradhan Swapna (2009), Organized Retailing and its Impact on the Bottom of the Pyramid-An India Specific Study. Conference Circle International, Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, Dornbirn, Austria, IJMC, ISSN 1741-6264
- Chandrasekhar, N. (2009) FDI in Health store Retail and its Impact on Employment in the Unorganized Sector, SIMSR-4th International Marketing Conference, Mumbai, India
- Chandrasekhar, N. & Pradhan Swapna (2008), Meeting the Challenges of Organized Retail: A New Business Format- MICA-Ahmedabad, India
- Deepika Bhagat, Sanjay Dattagupta. Chandrasekhar, N. (2008), Retail Landscape 2020, D Y Patil School of Business, Mumbai, India
- Shilpa Gupta, Deepika Bhagat, Nitali Sharma, Chandrasekhar N. (2008), Research Analysis into the effect of Organized Retailing on Small Retailers in the Unorganized Retail Sector and its effect on Employment, IPE/Virginia Tech University-Osmania Campus, Hyderabad India
- Tushar Mangla, Suvarna Khaparde, Chandrasekhar N. ( 2008) FDI in Pharmacy & Its Impact on Local Pharmacies, IPE/Virginia Tech University –Osmania Campus, Hyderabad, India
- Chandrasekhar,N& Pradhan Swapna, ( 2008), Opportunities for Indian Brands-A Model for Dominance, IPE/Virginia Tech University- Osmania Campus, Hyderabad, India