IFIM Business School
Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma
Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma
Assistant Professor - HRM
Dr. Gunjan Mohan Sharma has more than a decade’s experience in academics. He did his MBA and PhD from Aligarh Muslim University. His key teaching and research interests include HR Analytics, Talent Management and Employees’ Sentiment Analysis. He is an avid researcher and has got various international and national research publications of repute in his name. He has conducted multiple training programs, FDP, EDPs including Training program on using analytics in HR for CMA in Colombo, Sri Lanka and a consulting assignment for a large MNC on “Training Effectiveness”. He is on the editorial board of various international journals including South African Journal of Human Resource Management, South Africa and International Journal of Management and Research, Iran. He is a certified professional on Predictive and Descriptive Analytics from IBM and is coordinating an executive program in Business Analytics in his current organization. He has attended many conferences and seminars, international and national, on HR related themes. He strongly believes that the talent an organization has, determines what that organization can do and achieve.
PhD., Full Time (HRM) from Aligarh Muslim University (2008-2011), Awarded in 2013.
M.B.A. (2004-06), Aligarh Muslim University, Ist Division.
B.A. (Hons.) in English Literature from Aligarh Muslim University, (2002-04), Ist Division.
HR Analytics, Introduction to Business Analytics, HRM and Strategic Staffing
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
HRM / Talent management
Academic Work experience:
Corporate work experience:
Also teaches / taught at:
GLA University, KIMS
- Reviewer, SA Journal of Human Resource Management, South Africa.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Management and Business Research (IJMBR), Islamic Azad University (IAU), Iran.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Academic Research in Management (IJARM), Helvetic Editions, Switzerland.
- Won best paper award at Convergence: International conference organized by IFIM Business School, Bangalore, May 2013.
- Won best paper award at 2nd International HR conference organized by IMS Noida, Oct. 2012.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Management Studies and Economics, Iran.
Books / Research papers published
- Azmi, F. T. & Sharma, G.M. (2015). Organizational commitment of B-school teachers in India: an empirical study. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 10 No. 4.
- Sharma, G.M. & Azmi, F. T. (2014). Relationship between Retention Factors, Organizational Commitment and Actual Turnover: An Empirical Study of Indian B-schools. IIMS Journal of Management Science, 5(2).
- Sharma, G.M. & M. Jyothi (2013). Employee Strike at Bajaj Auto (Chakan Plant): A Chronology of Events. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 49(2), pp 357-362.
- IBM-IFIM Success Story (Case Study) for EPGDM-BA program published on IBM’s global website(2015). http://www-03.ibm.com/software/businesscasestudies/us/en/corp?synkey=M627444C86237F45
- Sharma G.M. (2015). P V Narasimha Rao — Demolisher of Licence-Permit Raj and Secularism. In The Making and Unmaking of Prime Ministers of India, India, Vikas Publishing.
- Azmi, F. T. & Sharma, G.M. (2012). An empirical test of job related dimensions and faculty satisfaction at Indian Business schools: An SEM approach. International Journal of Management and Business Research, 2 (1), 23- 40, Winter.
- Sharma, G.M. & Azmi, F. T. (2012). Job Related Factors and Organizational Commitment of B-School Teachers in India: An Empirical Study. BHU Management Review, 1(1).
- Sharma, G.M. & Azmi, F. T. (2012). Job Related Factors and Organizational Commitment of B-School Teachers in India: The Mediating Effect of Job Satisfaction. Manthan, 7(2), pp 75-86.
- Sharma, G.M. & Chauhan, S. (2012). How talented is our talent pool: A study on Indian Management Students Based in B-class cities. Anveshak, 1(1), July.
- Azmi, F. T. & Sharma, G.M. (2012). Antecedents of Employee Turnover: Review of Literature and Proposed Research Agenda, Anveshak ,1(1), July.
- Azmi, F. T. & Sharma, G.M. (2012). Job satisfaction of B-school teachers in India: a structural equation modeling approach. AIMA-Journal for Management & Research, 6 (1/4).
- Turning on Employee Turnover: A Review of Literature & Conceptual Model Building (Published in the form of International Conference Proceedings of “IC2011-India Emerging-Opportunities and Challenges”, organized by Indus Business Academy, Greater Noida, 2011).
- Sharma, G.M. & Chauhan, S. (2009). Knowledge Management- Problems and Solutions in Indian Business Schools (pp.135), National Conference on Knowledge Management-Challenges Beyond Boundaries, Excel India Publication, New Delhi.
Email id :