Dr. Abhishek Nirjar
Dr. Abhishek Nirjar
Director - IFIM Business School
Professor of Strategic Management
B.Sc., MBA (Lucknow University)
Ph.D. (Sheffield University Sheffield UK)
New Venture Planning
Managing Strategic Alliances
Blue Ocean Strategy through Simulation
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Establishing mechanism for an idea factory in organization
Academic Work experience:
Fore School of Management Delhi
16 years of teaching, research and training
Also teaches/taught at:
Administrative roles handled earlier :
Chairman MDP at IIM Lucknow
Dean MDP at IMI Delhi
Dean International Relations at IMI Delhi
Dean Executive Education & International Relations at IMI Delhi
‘Entrepreneurship: Education, Research and Practice’, Excel Books, (ISBN: 81-7446-483-2, 2007). Nirjar, A. And Sahay, A. (Editors)
Entrepreneurship Development, CBS Publishers India. (ISBN no. 9788123924618, 2014)
Research papers published (Illustrative list)
- Acharya, M. and Nirjar, A. (2015) Luxury and Masses: Assessing the connect in India. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 12, no. 4.
- Nirjar, A., Kovid, R.K. and Singh, K. (2014) ‘corporate social responsibility in Indian sugar industry: managers’ reflections’, International Journal. Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.17–36.
- Nirjar, A., Acharya, M. and Ojha, D. (2014) ‘Integrated Marketing Communication in Government programmes: A look at Rural Development Programmes in India’. Metamorphosis- A Journal for Management Research, Vol 13, No 1, Pages: 1-15.
- Nirjar, A. and Kovid, R. (2013), Social Responsibility in Small and Medium Enterprises: Evidences from India. Abhigyan, Vol. Sept-Dec.
- Nirjar, A. (2013) ‘Accruing Innovations in Software Firms through Employee Commitment’. International Journal of Indian Culture Business Management, Vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 391-409.
- Raqshin, S. and Nirjar, A. (2012) ‘Accruing individual potential for creativity and innovation in biotechnology firms’. International Journal of Innovation and Learning, Vol. 11 (2), pp.162 – 181.
- Nirjar, A. (2009) ‘Staying on Top, Always’. ‘Effective Executive’ (ICFAI University Press) October 2009.
- Nirjar, A. (2008), Innovations and Evolution of Software SMEs: Exploring the Trajectories for Sustainable Growth’, Vision- The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 12 (2).
- Member of Academic Council for 12 years at Gobi Arts & Science College, Gobichettipalayam.
- Nirjar, A. (2008) ‘Policy Support for Fostering Entrepreneurship in India: Experiences of Support Initiatives in Three States’, Inter-ICSB Publication: E-Journal: the International Council for Small Business, Available on ABI Inform from August 2008, pp. 94-106.
- Nirjar, A. (2006) Case Analysis: ‘Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta: Efficient Redressal of Citizen Grievances’. ‘Vikalpa’ (IIM A Journal) Vol. 31(1).
- Joshi, S., Nirjar, A. and Singh, V.K. (2008), ‘Impact of Change Management on Human Resource during an ERP implementation. Business Vision, Vol. 4 (1, 2), pp.89-103.
- Nirjar, A. & Tylecote, A. (2005), ‘Breaking out of Lock-in: Insights from Case Studies into Ways up the Value Ladder for Indian Software Small and Medium Enterprises’. Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 18(4), pp. 40-61.
Dr. Abhishek took over as Director of IFIM Business School in October 2016. Earlier he was a Chair Professor of Strategy at the International Management Institute New Delhi. He has been a Dean of Executive Education and International Linkages for over four years at IMI Delhi. He did his doctorate in Strategy and Innovation Management, from Sheffield University, UK. His earlier work experience includes, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow for over five and a half years, Management Development Institute Gurgaon, FORE School of Management, New Delhi and Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. In all he has spent more than two decades in academics.
His teaching and research interest span across the domain of strategic management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Dr. Nirjar is actively engaged in training senior and top management professionals both nationally and internationally and is also an active consultant to small, medium and large firms. He has conducted a large number of training programmes and workshops on themes related to Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and General Management. At IIM Lucknow he was the Chairman of the Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship group and Chairman of Management Development Programmes.
He has been the recipient of the ‘Career Award for Young Teachers’ (research grant) instituted by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. He has written one book on Entrepreneurship Development, one edited book on Entrepreneurship and has an invited chapter in the book titled ‘Advances in Information Resources Management Volume 6’ published by Idea group, Pennsylvania. He regularly publishes in Indian and International Journals. He is an active member of the Strategic Management Society and the International Council for Small Business.
Dr. Nirjar actively engages with start-ups in an advisory/ consultative role on a regular basis. He believes that entrepreneurship is the way forward for young management graduates both as start-ups and in established ventures.
To sum up he has made significant contributions to the field of Strategic Management in India and overseas as a Scholar, Trainer, Consultant, Researcher and Administrator. He has shown a high level of academic leadership in the field of management education in India. He also happens to be widely travelled and has lived in different parts of the world.
Email id :